Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Duffins Donuts in Vancouver - Scamming Its Customers !!

Re: Duffin's Donuts in Vancouver is a Scam

Hello all,
Below is an email I sent to the local t.v. news station.
This has to do with the fact that by Federal Law (Canada), businesses were to lower GST tax rate they were charging customers from 7% to 6% starting July 1, 2006.

**************

August 30, 2006

Sent to News tips: globalbc.newstips@globaltv.com

Dear Global News,

I am sending you this information as a "news tip" which you might find
newsworthy, especially in the interest for your viewers who are
themselves end consumers.
There's a well-frequented restaurant /fast-food place on East 41st
Avenue and Knight Street, called Duffin's Donuts (they also have
another location at 4898 Main St).
Anyways, 4 times in July, I had been charged 7% GST for their food,
and each time, I mentioned it to them to start charging 6% . I did not
make it a big deal, because I was paying a small amount for the food.
Their reply was always somewhere along the lines that they still had
to have their cash registers serviced.
Today, however, I became annoyed when they calculated the amount
required for my 3 large catering food trays as based on 7% GST. I
said I wanted this time to pay 6% GST, and my order was over $100, so
it did make a difference, (although only $1.20 difference). The
cashier called her boss on the phone, perhaps at their other location,
and the boss spoke to me on the phone. She said that they did change
it to 6%. I told her I had my calculator with me, and they charged 7%.
There was some silence, and then she told me to leave the
establishment and don't come back again.
I was surprised, as I had been going to this place at least 5 times a
month to bring my 3 daughters for after-school snacks as well as for
business meetings, etc.
Today, I was there to buy 3 large party trays of food for my
daughter's 14th birthday party.
And they caused a lot of inconvenience to say the least as I have to
find another source of food for the party....
...
###
And that's my take on Duffins Donuts!
Eric